Over the past year, we’ve talked about a lot of different ways to pass time, relieve stress, have fun and entertain yourself.
Today, we want to introduce you, or more likely reintroduce you, to a simple deck of playing cards. That’s right, the old school, low tech, no batteries required, way to entertain and connect with yourself and your friends.
Want to learn some interesting trivia about playing cards? Check out the 10 Most Amazing Facts About Playing Cards from Casino.org.
Games, Games, and more Games
Decks of cards are small, interesting, and inexpensive. They fit in your pocket and never go out of date. Best of all, there is a lifetime supply of games you can play with them...games suitable for any number of players and of any age.
- Classic Card Games – Traditional card games offered up by the Chicago Tribune.
- 50 Card Games to Play at Home and the Stories Behind Them – a great resource from MSN.
Of course, cards are for more than just playing games. They also play a major role in the world of magic and are a favorite of magicians around the world, offering a little something for everyone.
- 10 Easy Card Tricks You and Your Kids Can Learn – Want to pick up a new skill and amaze your friends? Here’s a great site to get you started.
- Best Cardistry of 2020 – You honestly won’t believe your eyes when you see some of the incredible feats of card artistry being performed on this video.
- Shin Lim – Check out Shin Lim’s YouTube channel. The America’s Got Talent winner from 2018 is sure to blow your mind.
With over 100 million decks of cards produced each year in the U.S. alone, playing card collecting is a collector’s dream and big business. And surprisingly addictive. Here are a couple of interesting sites to get you started.
- I’m New to Collecting Playing Cards, where do I Start? – Pretty self-explanatory and a great place to start.
- The Hobby of Collecting Playing Cards – Another good reference destination to learn more about collecting.
So, put away your phones, tablets and laptops and reconnect with a deck of cards. It’s a simple pleasure that can provide some much-needed relaxation and enjoyment.